|Description:||TOPSHOT - Registered nurse Yeni Sandoval wears personal protective equipment (PPE) while she cares for a Covid-19 patient in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center in Tarzana, California on January 3, 2021. - Approximately four weeks ago, the hospital had a very manageable census, and very small amounts of patients in the ICU, but since Thanksgiving it seems like the census has been doubling every 10 days and they've gotten to a point where 80% of the hospital is filled with patients with Covid-19, and Â 90% of the ICU is now filled with Covid-19. According to doctor Yadegar, it's not just a matter of room, but it's also the staffing to have nurses, as well as doctors to be able to take care of those patients. It's very difficult to get critical care nurses and doctors. So, it's hard to expand, even if we can expand with the number of beds in the rooms it's impossible to expand in terms of nurses and doctors because there's limited resources. The situation is very dire. The hospital systems are at a breaking point unless we were able to get this infection under control. It's not sustainable. Unfortunately, the emergency room is having to close and not be able to take patients that are coming in with ambulances because we don't have room for them, and at this point this is impacting not just what happens in the hospital but it affects everyone in the community. (Photo by Apu GOMES / AFP) (Photo by APU GOMES/AFP via Getty Images)|
|This asset shows:||News event|
|Tags:||AIR2020_Getty, Horizontal, CORONAVIRUS COVID-19|
|Copyright Type:||Third Party|
|Copyright Credit:||AFP via Getty Images|
|Agreement Type:||Agreement applies|
Copy of GETTY - Worldwide AI web & social media
A copyright credit must be displayed with this image.
· For worldwide editorial use on www.amnesty.org and official Al-branded Section websites, for use on AI-branded social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, flickr, Vine, YouTube and Vimeo) and use in Email Newsletters and Mailouts.
· CAN be used for membership acquisition, and indirect fundraising in connection with events that are newsworthy or of general public interest, but NOT for use in commercial advertising materials or direct ask fundraising.
· CAN be used multiple times in the context of its original use until 15/03/2022
· CAN be archived on AI internet sites/social media, if integrated within context of original use.
· NOT for use in printed materials or in any other medium other than specified.
· NOT for distribution to third parties but End Use may be syndicated to third-party partners for editorial purposes, provided that (i) the syndicated End Use includes your branding; and (ii) you ensure your third-party partners comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Note. AFP material may not be used on your Properties located in France.
|Agreement Notes:||Not Released (NR)|
|Date Photo or Video Created:||01/03/2021 00:00|
|Size:||2.29 MB; 6720 x 4480 pixels; 569 x 379 mm (print at 300 DPI); 1778 x 1185 mm (screen at 96 DPI);|